Gas Safety Checks and what they’re all about…
Reducing risk to property and complying with Gas Safe requirements is something we understand is critical to your business. Annual gas safety checks are a legal requirement as per the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 for all of your commercial gas catering equipment in your premises must comply. These checks are to be checked by Gas Safe registered engineers and are required to be carried out by law every 12 months. In addition to safety checks, it is also strongly advised to have the appliances serviced in line with the manufacturer’s instructions.
Part of the Gas Safety Regulations requires employers to ensure that gas appliances, flues, pipework and safety devices are maintained in a safe condition. Appliances and installations that are left unchecked could pose a risk of potential gas leaks, high levels of carbon monoxide leading to CO poisoning to your staff, customers, visitors, pupils & residents. Non-compliance could affect any insurance claim. As a Gas Safe registered company and having the knowledge and expertise to carry out these essential checks, we can provide you with formal Gas Safe certification and peace of mind for you, your staff and customers after successful inspections. To avoid you or your business being in a position of facing penalties or prosecution, Alecta can ensure you are safe, compliant and legal.
An Alecta Gas Safety Check is designed to make sure:
- Gas appliances are operating at the correct pressure & temperature
- All Flues are clean and clear from obstructions, grease and dirt and have a safe level of emissions
- Interlocks solenoids, safety devices and emergency controls are in good working order
- There is sufficient airflow in the kitchen and that appliance airflow has no restrictions or blockages
Gas Safety Certificates
At Alecta we can make it easy for you to stay compliant. With our “Gas Safe” inspection Solution, one of our engineers can visit your premises, inspect your equipment, its components and the installation as a whole and ensure the appliance is not only safe but compliant too. Following our engineer’s inspection and ensuring the installation and equipment passes all checks successfully we will then provide you with a ‘Gas Safe’ certificate that contains:
- Your Company Name & Address details
- Our Company details including Gas Safe Registration number
- Model details of your appliance
- Results from our engineers tests including CO2 readings
- Identification of any defects of the installation including the appliance, gas pipework, canopy/ventilation
- Any advisories of urgent remedial works